Monday, January 7, 2008

Hanaa Part 2

I called the labour ward to talk to the nurse and started crying a bit..not because of the pain.I really could not believe that I was actually going to the hospital soon without Fairoz but the nurse mistook it for pain and me being frightened.Drove to the hospital and through out the car ride I was sobbing silently.Arrived at the hospital..one comforting thing was that I was going to give birth in the new birthing suite.Hmmm doesn't that have a nice ring to it, Birthing suite.I remember the last time i was here for my first,I started crying when I was outside the labour ward.This time around i was pretty calm,tired but calm.We went inside while dad went to park the car.All the midwives were already there to greet me with smiling faces.They asked me to sign some documents and i was brought to room number 9.Well I then told them I am not sure whether am i really in labour or not and they started doing their routine.Checked for contraction but none came.That really sort of pissed me off.Why all of a sudden it stopped, I have no idea.We were there for almost 45 mins and I decided to go back home.They gave me some painkillers.After popping them inside my mouth i started to change into my clothes and head back home.In a way I was glad but deep inside something was going on.One of the midwife said goodbye and told me,"Well who knows we might see you again tonight".I jus smiled and left.The contraction came again once i was inside the car.Well life's like that.We reached home and I saw everyone's face.They were like not another false alarm.My parents in law came and gave me some encouraging words.That was nice.

Everyone told me to go to bed to get some sleep.i was hungry though.Had this green looking "rasam" and rice and drank the horrible "kashayam" again.I went up and prayed and asked god to give me lots of strength.I tried to sleep but the the pain kept waking me up.I knew i was in labour.No one else believed me. Ha ha ..Slowly noon became evening and I had more frequent contraction and it was getting more painful.I had lots of visitors too.My aunt,grandmother and uncle came to see me.While entertaining them I timed my contraction.it was 5 mins apart and that was when I had this sharp pain,shocked me a bit but I was very calm.Climbed the stairs slowly and went to check something and truly I had a show(blood sign).Ok time to go to hospital.This time around everyone took their own sweet time.Well I gave them false alarm in the morning.While waiting for them I called my husband and updated him on what was going on.He told me to be brave and asked whether I can come online.I was like 'Sayang I'm in pain", he said "Ok darling then you go to the hospital and check it out and we'll talk over the net tomorrow",and i said "Darling I think I might have the baby soon".Well that was when true reality hit him."I'm not there ..how can you be having the baby"..I said "well..its not in our hands,but you dont worry just pray and read all the surahs i gave you and come back soon,Insyallah I will give you a beautiful baby for you to hold".That calmed him down a bit but according to my sis and Bro in law that was not the case.They called him and he called them for sometime.

We left home around 7.30 pm.This time I was hoping this was the real thing.I was actually getting very tired of running up and down.Got myself admitted and changed into hospital clothes.The midwife checked for contraction and yes you are right.It jus did not come.When one finally came she decided to check me internally and let me tell you, it is not a very nice thing and a very painful process.Instead of telling me I have dilated, she said well I have not opened up even a little and the baby's head is still not engaged.I was very frustrated to hear that.They told me the doctor will be here soon......(to be continued...aha feeding time again..)

Posted by Fauziah Farouk on March 30, 2007 at 07:18 PM

No comments: