Monday, January 7, 2008

Back Again

Hello there again. For sometime I could not open my blog on friendster at all. I assumed it is because of some technical problem or they must have blocked this site too in Dubai. I am so glad that after a few complaints on my side to Friendster, I am now actually updating my blog.Hooray........

Hanaa...Continuation

At last the doctor arrived and he too had to tell me that I was not in labor. Deep inside I was very frustrated and disappointed in him because I knew he could do better than this. I knew I was definitely in labor. He told me that I had two choices, either I stay the night or I could go back home and he also told me since I was there already I might as well stay the night. He gave me an injection for the pain and told me to go back home tomorrow morning. I was confused and I was so tired and yes I was hungry. The expression I saw on my mom's face told me everything I needed to know. Soon my in laws came for a visit and left after a few words of encouragement. Mom was with me and told me to have something to eat. I did. I had a chicken burger and yes it was yummy.

Time was not moving too fast. I couldn't sleep and mom too was not very comfortable with the sofa she was on. But I still tried to get some sleep to get some strength for what was coming. Sleep came to me on and off and the pain kept waking me up. It was getting very sharp but I kept it to myself, I wanted mom to have at least some rest. Soon it was too much to bear alone and I called out to her. She just came to me with her loving words and sweet face. Looking at her gave me encouragement. I really missed my husband then. To have him there at that time was what I was praying for but I guess Allah had a reason for him not being there. Mom kept massaging me and spoke encouraging words when the contraction kept coming on too quickly. I had a loving midwife too. She was a gem of a person and without her; it could not have been a smooth ride towards the happy delivery I had. She came to check me again and told me that I have dilated 60 %. That means 6 cm and both me and amma shared tears of joy. The usual routine is that the doctor will only arrive when I have dilated 80% and so we waited and yes the pain was unbearable but I still managed to call my husband to update him. He was surprised. For a while there I just wanted to shout out to everyone telling them, "Told you I was in labor". Obviously I was not able to and yes back to the labor scene where a tiny little baby was impatient to come out. I felt the urge to push so much but they kept telling me not to for the doctor was still on his way. My husband tried to call me but I could not hear the phone ringing. I was occupied. I was shouting and screaming. My dad who was waiting outside told my sister and brother in law that two babies will do for me. Dear dad could not see his baby in pain.
Back inside the midwives was trying their best to make me not push the baby out but I kept screaming I had to and yes they gave the gas to shut me up and it did help. I was dozing off and then they were shouting telling me not to go to sleep. Nice try there. What was I supposed to do? I was not allowed to push nor sleep. Hmmm...Soon the urge was getting more and more pronounced and precisely at that time I saw my Doctor's head pop inside and my water bag burst and with just one push everything came out, Yes including the baby. All I felt was oh my, what a relief and I could hear my mom saying it's a girl it's a girl. With that happy news I just dozed off while the doctor attended to me.

The End


Posted by Fauziah Farouk on December 27, 2007 at 11:33 PM

No comments: